Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Hello from the Philippines!

Hello! I'm currently in my beloved Philippines and every time I'm here, I learn a lesson. Here are some thoughts:

1. Ive learned to embrace everthing about it. Its flaws. Its strenghts. I was born and raised here but educated US so there are instances where I have been critical about certain things. But trully: every country, every culture, every city, every town has its own morres or way of living that must be respected. Blame the western values and ideologies that has sort of brainwashed me. haha.

2. I no longer want to be defined by external factors. Jobs. Titles. Materials things. I appreciate what I have. I really do. But as we all probably learn throughout the pandemic, these things are very much temporary. My goal right now is to simply be in a job where i enjoy the company of people and make enough to sustain a certain lifestyle :)

3. Opening up to others. I appreciate the very few circle of friends I have. I have gone through talk therapy several times, and I acknowledge the science behind it (I after all have a master's in educational psychology.) However, very recently, I have shared to my closest friends about my internal battles, fears, and dreams. It's nice to be heard pala :) Shout out to Mylene, Kuya Lester, Kerin (who said she misses my entries here hehe), and even Joanne who I share my homesickness musings with.

4. To cut down on my spendings. haha. I know my priorities now. Though I will still treat myself from time to time.

I think thats it. I will jot down more when definely!

No comments:

Post a Comment